The Royal Theatre in the Old Orangery in the Royal Łazienki Museum in Warsaw
Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute) by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is, on the one hand, a brilliant work in terms of music, drama and expression, and on the other – a mystery full of riddles and hidden meanings. The opera, which was completed and had its premiere at the end of September 1791, several dozen days before the composer’s death, continues to delight and inspire successive generations of artists and concert-goers.
The libretto for the two-act singspiel was prepared by the actor and playwright Emanuel Schikaneder, who also played the role of Papageno during the Viennese premiere. The last one of Mozart’s operas immediately won the hearts of the audience and brought huge financial success. The use of Masonic symbolism and the imminent death of the composer meant the work was shrouded in an aura of mystery, and the interpreters of the Viennese master’s music competed in coming up with more or less probable theories. In reality, however, the Masonic interpretation is only one of many possible; it remains a story about a journey, the fight between good and evil, the path to adulthood, striving for social harmony… These are, after all, universal themes, which Mozart embellishes with music that is extremely colorful and sometimes surprising.
MUSIC DIRECTOR DAWID RUNTZ
DIRECTOR ANDRZEJ KLIMCZAK
SET DESIGN AND COSTUMES MARLENA SKONECZKO
LIGHTING DESIGN MACIEJ IGIELSKI
CHORUS MASTER LILIANNA KRYCH
ASSISTANT CONDUCTOR / II CONDUCTOR KAROL SZWECH
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR SŁAWOMIR JURCZAK
II ASSISTANT DIRECTOR AGNIESZKA KOZŁOWSKA
STAGE MANAGER AGNIESZKA ORLIKOWSKA
SARASTRO WOJTEK GIERLACH, SŁAWOMIR JURCZAK
TAMINO SYLWESTER SMULCZYŃSKI, JACEK SZPONARSKI
NARRATOR PIOTR CHWEDOROWICZ, SŁAWOMIR JURCZAK, ADAM KRUSZEWSKI
PRIEST I PIOTR KĘDZIORA, BOGDAN ŚLIWA, GRZEGORZ ŻOŁYNIAK
PRIEST II JAKUB A. GRABOWSKI, RAFAŁ ŻUREK, MATEUSZ ZAJDEL
PRIEST III PIOTR CHWEDOROWICZ, SŁAWOMIR JURCZAK
THE QUEEN OF THE NIGHT PAULINA HORAJSKA, ALEKSANDRA OLCZYK, ALEKSANDRA RESZTIK
PAMINA MARTA BOBERSKA, OLGA PASIECZNIK, GABRIELA KAMIŃSKA
LADY I TATIANA HEMPEL-GIERLACH, GABRIELA KAMIŃSKA, ANNA WYRZYKOWSKA
LADY II ANETA ŁUKASZEWICZ, ANNA WIERZBICKA, MARTA WYŁOMAŃSKA
LADY III KATARZYNA KRZYŻANOWSKA, DOROTA LACHOWICZ, MONIKA LEDZION-PORCZYŃSKA
PAPAGENO ROBERT GIERLACH, ANDRZEJ KLIMCZAK, PAWEŁ MICHALCZUK
PAPAGENA MARTA BOBERSKA, ALEKSANDRA KLIMCZAK, AGNIESZKA KOZŁOWSKA
MONOSTATOS LESZEK ŚWIDZIŃSKI, WOJCIECH PARCHEM
SPIRIT I JULITA MIROSŁAWSKA, JUSTYNA RECZENIEDI
SPIRIT II IWONA LUBOWICZ, ANNA PARYSZ
SPIRIT III MARTA SCHNURA, ANDŻELIKA WIŚNIEWSKA
ARMED MAN I JAKUB A. GRABOWSKI, RAFAŁ ŻUREK
ARMED MAN II PIOTR KĘDZIORA, BOGDAN ŚLIWA, GRZEGORZ ŻOŁYNIAK
CONDUCTOR DAWID RUNTZ
The seats in the auditorium are not numbered.
Performance in the original language version.
PLEASE NOTE: the entrance to the Royal Theatre in Łazienki Park is located in Agrykola street.
One hour before the performance as well as for an hour after it is finished, the audience can use the electric cart running between the Royal Theater and the Łazienki Gate at the corner of Myśliwiecka / Agrykola streets.
We kindly encourage you to read the rules of participation in cultural events organized by the Polish Royal Opera:
- If you are not feeling well, are ill, or had contact with an infected person – stay at home.
- Please, take a face mask with you. On entering the Theatre building, you are obliged to wear a mask covering your mouth and nose.
- At the entrance to the building, please have your temperature taken.
- Disinfect your hands after entering the Theatre building.
- Please remember to sign the Participant Declaration. If possible, please bring the printed and signed declaration with you, if not – fill it in in the Theatre, in the area shown by the staff.
- Take the seat assigned to you by the staff.
- Please come earlier – latecomers will not be allowed into the auditorium.
We care about the safety of our Guests!
- Disinfectants are available at the entrance to the building.
- At the entrance to the building, staff may take your temperature.
- The common spaces and sanitary rooms are disinfected regularly.
- Only 75% of the seats in the auditorium will be available. Persons vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2 who voluntarily show a QR code confirming their vaccination with a double dose of the vaccine on the day of the event do not count towards the limit.
Should you have any questions, we are at your disposal on site of the event or at the phone number +48 500 309 424.