Pärnu kontserdimaja in Pärnu (Estonia)
TICKETS AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE OF THE FESTIVAL
PÄRNU OPERA DAYS is a festival organized annually by Eesti Kontsert in the beautiful coastal city of Pärnu, Estonia. The event is an excellent meeting opportunity for opera lovers. The hall, known for its excellent acoustics, presents productions of opera houses from all around the world. This year, the guest of the festival is the Polish Royal Opera, which will present Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Don Giovanni and The Haunted Manor by Stanisław Moniuszko at the Pärnu Concert Hall. The festival is traditionally crowned with an opera gala and a formal dinner.
During the concert, the Artists of the Polish Royal Opera – excellent soloists and the orchestra led by Dawid Runtz – will perform a beautiful program consisting of excerpts from famous operas. First, we will hear fragments of the works that are a permanent feature of the repertoire of our institution staged at the Royal Theater. After the thrilling overture to Le Nozze di Figaro, the audience will hear two arias and a duet from this work, followed by excerpts from Don Giovanni and The Magic Flute. The Polish repertoire will feature verses sung by artists who impersonate the siblings from the opera The Haunted Manor – Hanna, Jadwiga, and Stefan and Zbigniew.
The second part of the concert will open with excerpts from Gioacchino Rossini’s Barber of Seville – a title that continues to attract crowds of spectators to the Royal Theater in Łazienki. Finally, there will also be fragments of the works of other opera masters of the Romantic era, such as Gaetano Donizetti, Georges Bizet, and Giuseppe Verdi.
- W.A. Mozart – Ouverture from the opera Le nozze di Figaro
- W.A. Mozart – Voi che sapete – aria (Cherubino) from the opera Le nozze di Figaro
- W.A. Mozart – Canzonetta sul’aria – duet (Susanny and the Countess) from the opera Le nozze di Figaro
- W.A. Mozart – Non piú andrai – aria (Figaro) from the opera Le nozze di Figaro
- St. Moniuszko – Do grobu trwać w bezżennym stanie – aria (Hanna) from the opera Straszny dwór
- St. Moniuszko – Biegnie słuchać w lasy, w knieje – dumka (Jadwiga) from the opera Straszny dwór
- St. Moniuszko – Kto tu? Pan brat! – duet (Stefana and Zbigniew) from the opera Straszny dwór
- W.A. Mozart – Deh vieni alla finestra – aria (Don Giovanni) from the opera Don Giovanni
- W.A. Mozart – Dies Bildnis ist bezaubernd schön – aria (Tamino) from the opera Die Zauberflöte
- W.A. Mozart – Pa-pa-pa – duet (Papagena and Papageno) from the opera Die Zauberflöte
—– INTERMISSION —–
- G. Rossini – Ouverture from the opera Il barbiere di Siviglia
- G. Rossini – La calunnia – aria (Basilio) from the opera Il barbiere di Siviglia
- G. Rossini – Una voce poco fa – aria (Rosina) from the opera Il barbiere di Siviglia
- G. Rossini – A un doctor della mia sorte – aria (Bartolo) from the opera Il barbiere di Siviglia
- G. Donizetti – Tornami a dir che m’ami? – duet (Norina and Ernesto) from the opera Don Pasquale
- L. Delibes – Duo des fleurs – duet (Lakmè and Mallika) from the opera Lakmè
- G. Bizet – Uwertura from the opera Carmen
- G. Bizet – L’amour est un oiseau rebelle (Habanera) – aria (Carmen) from the opera Carmen
- G. Verdi – Brindisi (Libiamo ne’ lieti calici) from the opera La Traviata
MARTA BOBERSKA SOPRANO
GABRIELA KAMIŃSKA SOPRANO
ANETA ŁUKASZEWICZ MEZZOSOPRANO
MONIKA LEDZION-PORCZYŃSKA MEZZOSOPRANO
JACEK SZPONARSKI TENOR
PAWEŁ MICHALCZUK BASS-BARITONE
ROBERT GIERLACH BASS-BARITONE
DAWID RUNTZ CONDUCTOR
Project co-financed by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage as part of the Inspirational Culture program, implemented in cooperation with Eesti Kontsert and the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Tallinn.
Name of the task: Participation of the Polish Royal Opera in the Opera Days Festival in Pärnu.