The Royal Castle in Warsaw
Music is a staple of Christmas celebrations. A special manifestation of the deeply rooted tradition of sharing joy through singing is found in the practice of caroling. Although today it is not common to encounter carol singers walking from house to house, the music and good wishes they once brought used to be common – and generously rewarded. The multi-verse texts of beautiful Christmas songs preserved and sung to this day are filled with folk wisdom. They carry both a universal message and characteristic elements of local rituals. The artists of the Polish Royal Opera invite you to join them in traditional music-making, which will set the mood for the upcoming celebration of Christmas.
- Bądź wiesioła Panno czysta, Anonymous (15th c.)
- Anioł pasterzom mówił, arr. Renata Szczypior
- Dziecina mała, arr. Rafał Kłoczko
- Piosenka barzo piękna o narodzeniu Pańskim, Anonymous (16th c.)
- Hej, bracia, czy śpicie?, arr. Rafał Kłoczko
- Kolęda ku śpiewaniu dziatek (Nuż my, dziatki…), Anonymous (16th c.)
- Hola, hola, pasterze z pola, arr. Rafał Kłoczko
- Jam jest dudka, arr. Rafał Kłoczko
- O gwiazdo betlejemska, arr. Rafał Kłoczko
- Radujcie się, weselcie się, music and text Anonymous (16th c.), trans. Congaudete Lete, Lete after Staniątki Cantional
- Śliczna panienka, arr. Rafał Kłoczko
- Pieśń o narodzeniu Pańskim, Wacław of Szamotuły (approx. 1524–1560)
- Mizerna cicha, text Teofil Lenartowicz, music Jan Gall, arr. S. Niewiadomski (19th c.)
- Do szopy, hej, pasterze, arr. Renata Szczypior
- Gdy śliczna Panna (18th c.), arr. Renata Szczypior
- Nuż my bracia, pastuszkowie, arr. Rafał Kłoczko
- Cicha noc, arr. Renata Szczypior
- O mili królowie, arr. Rafał Kłoczko
- Lulajże Jezuniu, arr. Renata Szczypior
- Bóg się rodzi, text F. Karpiński, arr. Renata Szczypior
JUSTYNA STĘPIEŃ SOPRANO
THE CHAMBER CHOIR OF THE POLISH ROYAL OPERA
RENATA SZCZYPIOR CONDUCTOR
The seats in the auditorium are not numbered.
Performance in the original language version.
We kindly encourage you to read the rules of participation in cultural events organized by the Polish Royal Opera:
- If you are not feeling well, are ill, or had contact with an infected person – stay at home.
- Please, take a face mask with you. On entering the Theatre building, you are obliged to wear a mask covering your mouth and nose.
- At the entrance to the building, please have your temperature taken.
- Disinfect your hands after entering the Theatre building.
- Please remember to sign the Participant Declaration. If possible, please bring the printed and signed declaration with you, if not – fill it in in the Theatre, in the area shown by the staff.
- Take the seat assigned to you by the staff.
- Please come earlier – latecomers will not be allowed into the auditorium.
We care about the safety of our Guests!
- Disinfectants are available at the entrance to the building.
- At the entrance to the building, staff may take your temperature.
- The common spaces and sanitary rooms are disinfected regularly.
- Only 75% of the seats in the auditorium will be available. Persons vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2 who voluntarily show a QR code confirming their vaccination with a double dose of the vaccine on the day of the event do not count towards the limit.
Should you have any questions, we are at your disposal on site of the event or at the phone number +48 500 309 424.